Since the invention of the laser in 1960, photonics has been an integral part of our life - telecommunication, medicine, defense, energy, consumer equipment, scientific research, and entertainment. Following the great tradition of photonics, the goal of Goda Lab is to develop innovative technologies based on "light" that will revolutionize science, industry, and medicine in the 21st century. Such technologies are based on an interdisciplinary integration of physics and chemistry supported by complementary disciplines such as mathematics, biology, computer science, engineering, and medicine. The development of new technologies is also of prominent significance for the global economy as it directly boosts the creation of new jobs and new markets. Another and equally important goal of Goda Lab is to produce future global leaders who will shape the world. Directed by Prof. Keisuke Goda, Goda Lab fosters an international research environment and is located at two universities: University of Tokyo and University of California, Los Angeles. Goda Lab constantly seeks for ambitious individuals from any university in any country who want to play leading roles in photonics innovation and have major impacts on the world.
- 10/07/2013 Our work has been featured in Medical Tribune.
- 08/01/2013 Shunya Yamada and Kazuki Hashimoto have won the best poster award at the AEC, BAEC-I & II Summer ICE Seminar. Congratulations!
- 07/01/2013 The lab's picture gallery has been updated.
- 06/25/2013 An opening for the assistant professor position in my group has been announced. The details of the announcement are provided here.
- 06/10/2013 Professor Goda's paper on "Ultrafast web inspection with hybrid dispersion laser scanner" is published in Applied Optics.
- 05/04/2013 Megumi Takahashi and Keisuke Goda's review paper is published in the May issue of Eizojoho.
- 05/04/2013 Shunya Yamada's paper titled "Loss of color by afterimage masking" is published in i-Perception.
- 04/26/2013 Takahiro Ikeda (CEO, Pi Photonics)'s seminar is planned to be held on Friday, April 26 at 4PM. The details of the seminar are found here.
- 02/12/2013 Dr. Rachel Won (Chief Editor, Nature Photonics)'s seminar is announced to be held on Wed, March 27. The details of the seminar are found here.
- 02/01/2013 Professor Goda's review paper on "Dispersive Fourier transformation for fast continuous single-shot measurements" is published in Nature Photonics.
- 01/21/2013 Professor Goda wins the Konika Minolta Imaging Science Award.
- 11/11/2012 Professor Goda's work on high-throughput imaging flow cytometry is featured in the December issue of Nikkei Science and in the November issue of Nature Asia-Pacific Digest.
- 10/01/2012 Professor Goda's work on high-throughput optical coherence tomography (OCT) is featured on OCT News - the world's most popular OCT website.
- 10/01/2012 Motoka Urakawa joins Goda Lab as a new secretary.
- 09/11/2012 Professor Goda's work on high-throughput imaging flow cytometry is highlighted in Nature Biotechnology.
- 09/03/2012 Professor Goda's work on the world's fastest laser scanner is highlighted in Nature Photonics.
- 09/01/2012 Professor Goda's work on high-throughput imaging flow cytometry is highlighted in SCOPE (Stanford School of Medicine's news website).
- 08/16/2012 Professor Goda's work on high-throughput imaging flow cytometry is highlighted in Scientific American, TIME Magazine, and Optics & Photonics News.